Thursday, August 16, 2012

Summer Days



                                                            Hello everyone,
                           It is still hot and sunny here so take a little break and enjoy a cup of peach tea and a book in the hammock.

                           
It is phlox and hydrangea season here so I have picked a basket to enjoy.

My hammock is a canvas yardsale find with a lace tablecloth thrown over it.

You can see the garden in the background where the daylillies are thriving.
                                             Pleasant dreams to you!
                           I see you have kicked off your wellies!
 Our grass is turning brown this summer due to the lack of rain we have had all spring and summer.
If I don't look too close at the garden I still see lots of beauty but closer inspection shows plants that are definitely stressed. I notice a lot of trees are losing their leaves.
                                        Birdhouse on the post by the hammock.
                                             The shasta daisies are blooming well.

 Well, I went to town this morning to get some pretty paint for a few projects so I better get to work but you can linger in the hammock under the shade of the big spruce tree with a gentle breeze to keep you cool and the sound of our brook to soothe your soul.

I am joining French Country Cottage for Featured Nest Friday and  The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home today.

Enjoy your day!

Carolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment